Planning Ahead for a Funeral
Pre-planing is something people do all the time!
We set money aside for travel, for retirement and other important events.
Arranging your funeral in advance plays a similar role in life to things such as writing a Will or purchasing insurance.
Alyson and Michele are available to provide information to suit your needs.
To make an appointment phone 03 5221 4788 or complete the online enquiry form at the bottom of the page.
When preparing a Funeral Plan you can organise as much or as little detail as you like and this information becomes a record of how you would like to be remembered.A financial investment is not required when planning ahead, however setting aside funds can ease the financial burden on your family in the future.
You have control and can ensure that your wishes are known.
Options to consider:
- Whether burial or cremation is preferred.
- Choice of cemetery or crematorium and wishes regarding placement of ashes.
- Special music and readings, videos or photos to be included.
- Type and style of casket or coffin.
- The ceremony venue i.e. church, chapel, garden, beach etc.
- Lighting, ambiance or ‘feel’ of the ceremony venue i.e. flowers, candles, balloons etc.
- Is there to be a funeral procession and what type of cars are preferred - modern or vintage?
- Will donations to a charity be accepted on the day rather than flowers?
- Will family and friends gather for refreshments after the service?
We can meet with you in your home or at one of our conveniently located offices throughout the region.
All information we provide is obligation free.
For many years, Tuckers have been caring for people and tailoring funerals to meet their individual needs and circumstances. Today, more and more people prefer to plan ahead, telling us this gives them a feeling of emotional relief and saving a lot of worry for the people they care for.
After you have planned and recorded all details for a Funeral Plan, you can choose to pre-pay these costs.
Pre-paying a funeral allows you to purchase your chosen funeral service and choice of casket or coffin at today’s prices.
It is as easy as any other financial arrangement and the time to be thinking about doing it is when you are still well and healthy.
Putting money aside for your funeral can relieve the financial burden on your family and can guard against rising costs.
A Funeral Bond
A Funeral Bond is a sound investment that allows you to invest as little or as much money as you wish toward funeral costs.
Funds can be contributed on a regular basis, or as you have them available.
… benefits of a Funeral Bond
- The Funeral Bond is a simple, individual and effective way to put aside money, best described as a ‘savings account'.
- There is no age restriction or time limit and your investment is only paid out on death.
- A Funeral Bond is exempt under Centrelink’s Pension’s Asset and Income Test so it can help to maximise pension entitlement.
- All funds are invested securely with a third party fund manager.
- Instalments can be paid on a monthly basis and automatically debited from a specified bank account.
- A Funeral Bond requires an investment of as little as $25 per month
- Additional payments can be added at any time.
Fixed Price Funeral Plan
A Fixed Price Funeral Plan is a contract that has been pre-arranged and paid in full at today’s prices.
There is no age restriction or time limit.
… benefits of a Fixed Price Funeral Plan
- Each item paid for is recorded in detail and will be provided on death with no more to pay (even if the funeral is 40+ years from now).
- A Fixed Price Funeral Plan is exempt from government benefit means testing so it maximises pension entitlement
- Funds invested are held securely with Guardian Plan in compliance with the Victorian prepaid funerals legislation
- Prepaying the funeral will eliminate the financial commitment and difficult decisions often left with family members and/or executors
- All plans are tailored to individual needs and formally documented in a contract.
Funeral Insurance can be an attractive option as cover normally starts with low premiums.
Usually you will need to be covered for a full year before receiving any benefits and premiums generally increase annually.
Our research has been unable to find a suitable Funeral Insurance product to offer you and your family.
In maintaining our commitment to customer service excellence we have chosen not to put our name to this type of product.
For more details please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you would like to find out more or you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact us
Alternatively, you can fill out the form below for us to reply to your question.